Friday, March 14, 2014

The Epilogue Has Been Nominated For An Award!

Okay, okay it's a fictitious award. Don't you hate it when measly facts steal your thunder? I've been nominated for the 'Liebster Award' by way of Chris Votey. The Liebster (Or 'Liebby' as we call it in the biz) is a way to introduce readers to smaller blogs. Basically a chain email of awesome. Along with a signal boost you get a fun Q&A. Here's mine.


In a bar, what is your drink of choice?

The Drift Inn Pub and Cafe in Yachats, Oregon has a Marionberry Daiquiri that's one of the best drinks I've ever had.


Out of the 45 Master Characters by Victoria Schmidt, which do you enjoy writing?

I've come across Scmidt's list of archetypes but had not studied it previously. Some of her types I enjoy writing are The Businessman, The Amazon and The Shadow.

What do you do when you are faced with writer’s block?

There are a variety of strategies I use to fight writer's block. Sometimes I jump to a different chapter of the story or I take a short walk. Or I wallow in despair and question my worthiness as a writer. What? Too honest?

How do you generate ideas for your stories?

I'm bombarded by ideas constantly, where they come from I have no clue. For me, the more important thing is to evaluate whether the idea is strong enough to support a story.

Have you ever won NaNoWriMo?

Yes. As a Municipal Liaison for the organizer I'm a believer in NaNoWriMo's cause. If you use it right it can be a great word count booster.

How do you distract yourself from writing when you need a break?

I like to play RPGs, read and mess around on Twitter while watching HGTV. 

What are you currently working on now?

My current work in progress is a Harry Potter fan fiction. Fan fiction is great practice. I'm also performing historical research for a spec script set in 1870 Wyoming and plotting a fantasy novel. For this blog I'm in the middle of a post the use of rape as plot and character development in fiction in addition to my GIF-filled chapter by chapter analysis of Twilight. That post should drop this weekend. As you can tell, I tend to jump from project to project. 

Knowing there is no award to be won, why did you answer these questions?

No award? You're saying I bought this Dior gown for nothing?

What is your favorite word?

Defenestrate. It's a word that needs to be used far more often. Not that I'm advocating throwing people out of windows. 

Do you write with your heart or your brain?

My brain. While writing can feel like magic, it isn't. It is a craft and I think sometimes writing is overly mystified. The idea of a Muse may be romantic, but I believe you are your own muse. 

What’s the funniest joke you can think of?

A joke 9th grade me found very funny involved cannibals and shoving fruit up one's ass, but is a bit inappropriate. You can probably figure out the joke with the contextual clues provided. You can't? Guess you'll just have to spend your life wondering, then. 

So there you have it! For those new to the blog, welcome. For my regular readers, I'm also in the work of Chapter Four for the sporking of Twilight. My Kindle went MIA after Christmas and I've only just managed to get it replaced.

And now it's my turn to pass on the Liebster Award to a pair of deserving bloggers I know.

My Nominees:

Natasha Kingston is a lovely author I met on Twitter. She is super nice and regularly posts pictures of hot men and cats, and once, a hot man holding a cat. Natasha and her husband produce the podcast UNspoiled! which covers books and TV shows. 

Emily Toynton started her blog only a month ago but it's great stuff. Also, she tweets about The Cape a lot.

My Questions:

To Natasha: As a writer of erotica, I'm sure you deal with a lot of misconceptions about the genre. What is one you've found to be common or especially aggravating?

To Emily: In your blog you've talked about your experiences of being a deaf woman, including some of the offensive and downright bizarre questions you've been asked. What is a question (about being deaf or otherwise) you wish you were asked instead?

2. What's a piece of writing advice or a tip you found really helpful?
3. What do you love to do when you're not writing?
4. Not a question, but a command: right click and hit "paste" and share the last thing you copy and pasted.
5. If you could use the Matrix to instantly master three skills with no effort, what would they be?
6. What's a book you've read recently you found inspiring or really blew you way?
7. Who is someone on Twitter you think everyone ought to follow?

Thanks again for the nomination, Chris! If any of you have any additional questions, post them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment